The Challenge needs applicants who are want to make a positive impact on the growing ocean economy by solving industry challenges, primarily from the following areas:
- Healthy oceans and ecosystem services
- Ocean transportation
- Enabling technologies and data analytics
Innovators who apply to solve an ocean challenge with their technology solutions could gain:
- one of up to 10 prizes of $25,000 CDN to prototype or develop their solution (and up to another $200,000 CDN later if they are finalists in the second phase of the Challenge)
- access to a roster of engaged mentors and innovation leaders ready to guide innovators
- training through foundational bootcamps and other virtual sessions
- key resources, support and connections that innovators need to succeed, including sharing more than $18,000 in collective services and resources from in-kind sponsors
- a curated experience to help them leverage Atlantic Canada’s extensive and supportive innovation ecosystem
Applicants who are not among the prize winners will still benefit from training during invitation-only bootcamps, as well as guidance and support from partnering organizations in the Atlantic Canadian ecosystem.
Ocean Startup Challenge statements, eligibility, frequently asked questions and application details are available from www.oceanstartupchallenge.ca.
Are you up for a
Industries need solutions to ocean challenges
With the world’s longest coastline, globally renowned research facilities and experts, and a steady flow of talent, Canada is the right place to start or grow a successful ocean tech company. Don’t miss out on the projected $3-trillion ocean economy. There has never been a better time to leverage the opportunities and resources available in the ocean sector. There is an abundance of support and initiatives like Canada’s Ocean Supercluster that can help your company become Canada’s next ocean success.
Benefits for innovators
Finalists will receive $25,000 for prototyping and business development, along with access to a roster of engaged mentors and leaders, training through bootcamps and other virtual sessions, a curated experience to help them leverage Atlantic Canada’s diverse and supportive innovation ecosystem, and much more!
We’re looking to support entrepreneurs and innovators from rural, Indigenous and urban communities across Canada, and around the world, who want to turn their ideas or technologies into a wave of opportunity.