86 Water St
Woods Hole, MA 02543
4th Annual Entrepreneur’s Showcase & Leadership Forum
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Center for Marine Robotics
Building the Ocean Future
July 19-20, 2018
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
THEME: Disruptive and Disrupting
While the marine robotics space is disruptive, at the same time, we are being disrupted by emerging technologies such as advances in machine learning, additive manufacturing, decline in costs of components, energy scavenging, growing infrastructure in the offshore environments, and the Internet of Things. The 4th Annual Forum will examine inflection points in the introduction of robotic systems to routine use in the marine environment. Come join us to hear leaders from diverse technologies areas discuss impact on marine robotics and the impact of marine robotics on the larger ocean enterprise.
- How are new technologies changing the kinds of robots we build?
- How are new technologies changing the process of design?
- How are new robots disrupting existing ocean activities?
- How are new robots enabling new ocean activities?
- What type of professionals do we need to support these new approaches?
JULY 19 – TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE AND IN-WATER DEMONSTRATIONS
10:00am – 6:30pm
New this year! We will be holding the Showcase event on the WHOI dock with the opportunity to demonstrate technologies and innovations in the WHOI test well, off the side of the dock or potentially from a small vessel.
JULY 20 – LEADERSHIP FORUM: SESSION TOPICS
8:00am – 5:00pm
- Disrupting Defense
- The Artificial Intelligence Future
- People, Money, and Ideas